Sunday, July 24, 2016

Feeling Wicked Smaht!

I have to say that I did feel a little smarter about a month ago when I had the privilege of attending the Art of Leadership (AOL) at Harvard, which is part of the Harvard Graduate School of Education.  It was such a great experience learning among top educators from all over the country and world!

      Cambridge was amazing!
Walking through this majestic campus - the renowned place of learning for some of the most influential people in the world was humbling.  I met so many awesome principals that How did this small town girl growing up in a town of 2,000 in little old Davis, Oklahoma and now a principal in Weatherford,  Texas get here?  I was able to participate in this program through Raise Your Hand Texas.  The mission of this organization is: "Raise Your Hand Texas advances public education by igniting fiercely innovative leadership and advocacy for our state’s 5 million+ students."  To learn more about this great organization that is focused on improving schools and education, visit their website: http://www.raiseyourhandtexas.org/about/


Harvard Professor, Pamela Mason
Through AOL, I connected with Harvard professors, and met lots of new friends in Texas (Other RYHT scholarship recipients) and other principals from the west coast to the east coast and beyond.  I hope to keep these friendships for a life!
My Learning Group 11!

I learned so much about myself at AOL.  I learned about myself as a leader and learner.  I hope to take this experience back to Weatherford ISD and Curtis Elementary with the hope that I will be a better leader for my district, teachers, and most importantly - my students!


No comments:

Post a Comment