Sunday, July 24, 2016

Bring in the New!

I love new things!  I just got my car detailed, and it looks and smells brand new.  It is amazing what having something new can do for your attitude.  The part of my life that really makes me happy is a new year. I am not talking about New Years - January 1st.  As a life long educator, my new year excitement comes in August.  I love a new school year!

My school year started last week.  My new Assistant Principal, Sarah Williams, and I have been planning and preparing the new school year for teachers and students at Curtis Elementary.  In the midst of creating staff development and processes to start new this year, I get really excited.

This year will be even more exciting having new folks at Curtis.  I am really excited about working with two new office members, Sarah Williams and Jenny Chapman. 
You all met Sarah in my last post.  Jenny Chapman is coming to Curtis from Aledo ISD. She will be our new counselor!  Jenny has great ideas for how she will help to transform Curtis and create a positive learning environment for students, teachers, and parents at Curtis. 

This year we will have more than new staff members.  Our building has gone through some renovations over the summer.  In a few short weeks, we will move back into new offices!  Through the WISD bond, we were able to create secure entrances!  This new entrance will allow us to ensure a safer learning environment for our students, parents, and teachers. 

I can't wait to start this new year, meet our new teachers, and welcome all of our students back to school. It will be a great, new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment